Monthly Archives: August 2012

#100: Voltorb

#100: Voltorb

A nice easy one for the bank holiday. Half red, half white, using an awesome pattern I found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=341241.0
Then stuck on eyes of felt, and we’re done!

Time taken: 1 (that’s right, ONE) day!
Rating: Yay!

Continue reading

Advertisements
Image | Posted on by | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

#14: Kakuna

#14: Kakuna

Ohhh, Windows, you have a lot to answer for!

There didn’t seem to be a pattern online for Kakuna, so I had to create my own. I thought I would be really canny, and write down everything I did so I could share my pattern with the world. About three quarters of the way through, Windows decided my computer needs a reboot, and the pattern wasn’t saved. So it’s gone. Sigh.

It was tricky, this one, mostly because I was flying entirely blind. I’d get somewhere, then decide it all looked wrong and what I should have done was something else, so I unpicked rows and rows at a time. Even now, I think the body should have been longer, and the head is still too hexagonal. But, like I said, this one is all my own work, which totally compensates for all of that.

Time taken: 2 weeks (is there a theme here?)
Rating: Squee!

Continue reading

Image | Posted on by | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

What to do next..

So, I’ve made the Jigglypuff for one friend, and Bulbasaur for another. My little bro has asked me to make several different Pokémon, but he’s currently already got Psyduck so I think he can wait. The question is, which to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

#1: Bulbasaur

#1: Bulbasaur

This was a great pattern, and I was really pleased to find it, since I had to depart from my usual two Pokemon-crochet-pattern sites to find a pattern for this little fellow. The body, legs and ears – and the claws – are all from this fab pattern, but I had a go at experimenting (gasp!) when it came to the bulb, to try and get it looking a little more leafy and separated. I’m really pleased with how it turned out.

I also didn’t bother crocheting the patches, and just stuck on felt instead. I sewed the mouth, and it took several goes and I’m still not happy, but it’s not too far off the real thing, so I’ll deal for now.

The pattern for the bulb (making 5 of these leaves):
(Turning at every row – I didn’t bother adding a ch, so as to keep the shape tight)
ch4

sc 3 (3)
2 sc in sc, sc, 2 in sc (5)
2 sc in sc, sc 3, 2 sc in sc (7)
2 sc in sc, sc 5, 2 sc in sc (9)
2 sc in sc, sc 7, 2 sc in sc (11)
2 sc in sc, sc 9, 2 sc in sc (13) 7-12. sc 13
sc 4, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 4 (12)
sc 5, dec over 2 sc, sc 5 (11)
sc 3, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 3 (10)
sc 4, dec over 2 sc, sc 4 (9)
sc 2, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 2 (8)
sc 3, dec over 2 sc, sc 3 (7) 19, sc 1, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 1 (6)
sc 2, dec over 2 sc, sc 2 (5)
dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc (4)
sc 1, dec over 2 sc, sc 1 (3) F/O
I joined them all in a ring at the base, then sewed up the sides to about 1.5 rows from the top.
I then attached the bulb to the body, and stuffed it most of the way full, up to where the leaves were still sewn together.
Then I did a running stitch round that row and a bit from the top, and pulled it tight, which gathered together the leaves at the top to stop the stuffing falling out, but left the very tips of the leaves to point outward.

It was probably a bit more fiddly, but I was really pleased how good it looked when I’d finished.

Time taken: 2 weeks (ish)
Rating: Squee!

Continue reading

Image | Posted on by | Tagged , , , | 5 Comments