So it’s been about a year and a half. I have, on and off, been working on the same Pokemon in that time. I’ve also finished a degree, got married, changed jobs (temporarily) and done a few other things, so unsurprisingly crochet had to take a bit of a back seat. Besides which, this was another Pokemon for which I had no pattern, so had to make up my own. I started writing it down, but a failed save before a reboot meant I lost it entirely, so I’m sorry, the method will have to wait for someone slightly more competent to transcribe before it can be shared. In any case, a lot of it was fairly obvious, based on tubes and increasing or decreasing to make the shapes, and there was a bit of picot work to make spikes and toes. The hammerhead shape was possibly hardest, but that was one of the first things I completed, and I have no idea how I managed it now!
Still, another one down, and considering it’s one of the less-cute Pokemon, I think he’s come out pretty adorable! I would say to anyone trying to do this one – or Scyther, he’s quite similar – don’t be afraid to just have a go, be fairly forgiving of yourself (I gave up trying to get the blades right), and for goodness’ sake, write it down and save frequently! I would have loved to have had a pattern to start with, even if I made lots of modifications to it.