It never rains, but it pours, right? That’s the only explanation I have for getting this one done so quickly. That and the fact that I brought 4 bags of wool home with me to keep me occupied over Christmas, but get this – totally failed to have a single ball of black.
I’ve had another Pokemon I’ve been working on, off and on, over the holidays, and he’s nearly finished, but needs some black wool just to do the last little bit, and since the crochet bug was hitting, and I couldn’t finish that one, I began rummaging through the bags I’d brought home and the extra wool I’d got for Christmas to see if there were any colours I did have that I could use to make a different Pokemon. Rather annoyingly, my brother claimed he’d chosen the right colours to make Vileplume, but it turned out I didn’t have any dark blue either, so that was out, although when I’m reunited with my full stash we’ll see…good way to choose what Pokemon to do next, if nothing else!
Anyway, Diglett. Very simple, lovely pattern from here, and very creative use of popcorn stitch! I didn’t follow the ground exactly right, and I still haven’t worked out why my stitches are so short, so did a couple extra rows to elongate Diglett slightly. Made the nose much smaller, only two rows wide, and the eyes are more like the original drawings rather than the cute chibi-fied ones in the pattern, but on the whole I’m really pleased with how it turned out. And hopefully it won’t be too long before I can post the other Pokemon I’ve been working on!!