Hi everyone! Bet you thought I’d abandoned this blog. Nope, just took forever with this last one, but now I’m thrilled to share Dragonite with you!
I am really, really proud of this one! It’s been a long time coming, but it took shape amazingly well when it came to stitching everything together – thanks to a fab pattern from Cavalera’s Cocina!
It was hard going, not least because my three yarns were different weights (slightly), so I was adding extra stitches in the teal yarn to make it fit with the yellow. I shed blood, sweat and tears over the antennae, which were horrifically fiddly, then uttered a few Anglo-Saxon words when I realised I’d done them in the wrong coloured yarn.
I should have added a lot more pipe cleaner to the wings, which are pretty floppy, but I didn’t want to go overboard with sharp pointy things with a toddler in the house. I also managed to sew them on upside-down the first time around (cue more Anglo-Saxon). Nonetheless, here we are! First Pokemon of 2017!