This one was based on Kat’s Creations pattern, available here. I thought I made a pretty good job of it. Overall, very pleased how he came out.
I’m not sure the front loops/back loops only in the top shell actually made a difference, but it definitely made it more complicated! If I made it again, I don’t think I’d bother.
I guessed my own shape for the tongue, since the pattern seemed to be coming out massively long and not wide enough! Also the pearl seemed slightly too big for the shell, but that could have been my yarn rather than the pattern.
I crocheted white eyes (MR 6, inc (12), inc, sc (18), FO) which I think worked out okay. They’ll probably be a bit more secure than felt ones at least.
I was really confused by the pattern for the shell inserts, but had a guess that it was going to be a sort of half-cylinder shape, half-capped on one end, so I made it a sort of crochet in-the-oval, and it sort of came out okay, although I don’t have the nice frill effect the original does.
Finally, I wish I’d stuffed the horns, and possibly made them larger too. All in all, quite a challenging pattern for me, but I’m pleased it’s done!