Tag Archives: grasstype

Interlude: Rowlett

I know which Pokemon I’ll be doing next, but in the meantime I had to share this one. He’s from the Sun and Moon versions, and I wouldn’t normally do anything from post-Gen 1, but I have a friend who’s … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

#043: Oddish

My first crochetmon for some time. In between Vileplume and this little fella, I’ve been busily crocheting blankets, cardigans, baby-proof soft toys, hats, booties…can you guess what else may have been taking up my time? ;o)

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , | 2 Comments

#45: Vileplume

Finished another one today – I’ve made it a rule that I can only have so many projects on the go at once, and I really want to start on a different project, so that was a big incentive to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

#1: Bulbasaur

#1: Bulbasaur

This was a great pattern, and I was really pleased to find it, since I had to depart from my usual two Pokemon-crochet-pattern sites to find a pattern for this little fellow. The body, legs and ears – and the claws – are all from this fab pattern, but I had a go at experimenting (gasp!) when it came to the bulb, to try and get it looking a little more leafy and separated. I’m really pleased with how it turned out.

I also didn’t bother crocheting the patches, and just stuck on felt instead. I sewed the mouth, and it took several goes and I’m still not happy, but it’s not too far off the real thing, so I’ll deal for now.

The pattern for the bulb (making 5 of these leaves):
(Turning at every row – I didn’t bother adding a ch, so as to keep the shape tight)
ch4

sc 3 (3)
2 sc in sc, sc, 2 in sc (5)
2 sc in sc, sc 3, 2 sc in sc (7)
2 sc in sc, sc 5, 2 sc in sc (9)
2 sc in sc, sc 7, 2 sc in sc (11)
2 sc in sc, sc 9, 2 sc in sc (13) 7-12. sc 13
sc 4, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 4 (12)
sc 5, dec over 2 sc, sc 5 (11)
sc 3, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 3 (10)
sc 4, dec over 2 sc, sc 4 (9)
sc 2, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 2 (8)
sc 3, dec over 2 sc, sc 3 (7) 19, sc 1, dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc, sc 1 (6)
sc 2, dec over 2 sc, sc 2 (5)
dec over 2 sc, 2 sc in sc, dec over 2 sc (4)
sc 1, dec over 2 sc, sc 1 (3) F/O
I joined them all in a ring at the base, then sewed up the sides to about 1.5 rows from the top.
I then attached the bulb to the body, and stuffed it most of the way full, up to where the leaves were still sewn together.
Then I did a running stitch round that row and a bit from the top, and pulled it tight, which gathered together the leaves at the top to stop the stuffing falling out, but left the very tips of the leaves to point outward.

It was probably a bit more fiddly, but I was really pleased how good it looked when I’d finished.

Time taken: 2 weeks (ish)
Rating: Squee!

Continue reading

Image | Posted on by | Tagged , , , | 5 Comments